Monday, November 16, 2009

Jor'dan Armstrong


   This past friday I got a chance to check out the live performace/listening party of Baton Rouge's own Jor'dan Armstrong. For those of you who don't know Jor'dan, you will, I say in about a year or two. Jor'dan Armstrong is a contemporary gospel artist who could run with artitsts like J.Moss, Toby Mac, Tonex, Detric Haddon & PJ Morton. I can't really say that he is what's missing from the gospel music industry, because to me and the thousands of fans he has acquired, he is already a household name. He has opened for Mary Mary at the House of Blues-New Orleans, Fred Hammond and has packed out solo performances in the South. Jor'dan has a very charismatic presence and his original material is mind-blowing and appealing to a very diverse audience. I really like the fact that Jor'dan doesn't allow people to put him in a box, he has been featured with both secular and Christian artists on various projects. With many of his vocals flipped with auto-tunes, Jor'dan makes Christian music cool and relatable, even though he doesn't need auto-tunes to sound incredible. I can't wait to pop in my CD of Champion! Have you gotten your copy? Among my favorites are the CD's title song, "Champion", "Sorry", "Where you Are" and "Echo". God has certainly given Jor'dan a swagger like no other with his incredible musical talent and unforgettable personality. Check out Jor'dan Armstrong on http://www.digstation.com/ or www.myspace.com/jordanarmstrong. Now thats some soulful Gossip candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment