Friday, May 21, 2010

Subject: Nicki Minaj

This entry will probably make you hate me or love me; either way I’ve stirred up incredible emotion. So the subject is: NICKI MINAJ and her hate/love followers. Before I proceed with the blog, I am officially endorsing this young, innovative female MC. I belong to her love followers. No, I haven’t dyed my hair pink or bought a ton of black Barbie dolls, but I rocks with the Barbie B*t$h! Nicki Minaj has generated a colossal buzz on the streets and in the music industry. Minaj’s debut album, set for Summer 2010 hasn’t even hit the streets, yet she profits from her guest rap appearances & $40,000 a show performances (oww-ee); and one of a kind sexy, bubbly personality. Why are there so many hate followers? Oh, okay I got it! Because she is not spitting rhymes about her desired voyage to Africa? Or because she chooses to portray an exciting sexual energy? Maybe because she has a banging body (no homo) and occasional pink hair pieces? Yes, it has to be at least one of those reasons. The truth is, she is an ARTIST. She has created an unforgettable brand and an intriguing character with a new kind of Barbie®. Every artist brings a different flavor, sound, theme and color to the hip hop culture. This Hip Hop we hold so near & dear has been shaken, stirred, baked and served to different generations and cultures. So let’s enjoy each facet for what it is worth. Hands down, Ms. Minaj has managed to keep her artistry fresh and desired by many Platinum, Grammy award winning artists. Just think of it like this; you can’t expect everything from the same Female MC. Some female rappers are over-sexual, some are conservative & empowering, some are the girls next door, and in Nicki’s case some are feminine, flirty & fun. So like an old grandma, I say Stop IT! Stop all this Nicki Minaj hating. You deserve no Candy on this entry. Go think about what you did.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment